Author Topic: BOOKMARKS - E-pub Reader on new Kindle 7" Fire running 'Bellini' OS  (Read 6519 times)

Howard123

Hello - 'newbie' here - just downloaded The EXCELLENT E-Library Mgr/e-pub reader application to a new 7" display Kindle Fire running Amazon's 'Fire OS 5.0.1' [sometimes referred to as 'Bellini', I believe]. As I am new to 'android-type' OSs, I plead ignorance as to much of 'swiping/tapping/etc.', but am quickly getting familiar. I have loaded a few different file extension type e-books from a Windows machine onto the 32GB SD card in the Kindle Fire. They are in .txt/.pdf/.epub/.mobi/etc.  ----  some I can 'open' using the built-in Kindle reader; some I open w/a 'WORD Emulator' [.doc]; and now am using YOUR KPW program for e-pub books. (I have multiple different 'utility' programs [Calibre/Adobe/Mobi Create/etc.] on Win machines that accept/convert/read just about any file formats, so I have the option to 'prepare/adjust
or convert' just about any of my current e-book library into any OTHER format.)
QUESTION: I cannot seem to invoke the 'bookmark' command in upper right portion of Kindle screen when reading an e-book in e-pub format; how does that 'command' work ? Sorry to be an idiot, but when I look at rev version, it appears to be the current 'Build 20151118.01B [2.0.11/69/26]'.
Thank you to anyone who can provide some help here  !!!!

kweckwor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: BOOKMARKS - E-pub Reader on new Kindle 7" Fire running 'Bellini' OS
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 07:30:01 pm »
Hi Howard123,

To set a bookmark, tap and hold (or long-tap, for a couple of seconds) on a word in the Reader view. This should bring up a context menu where you can select option "Bookmark/Note". If you select that, then a bookmark will be placed at that position. It renders in the reader as a blue highlight, and you can see it in the "Annotations" list as well.

You can find more information about this in the online documentation at http://kpwsite.com/home/content/eReader/guide_bookmarks.html, including screen captures demonstrating the feature. You can also see the video tutorial at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVbU97b95Ik at around the 12:47 minute mark to see a live demo of the same. if you check out the video, be warned that I prepared that quite some time ago and the app looks very different now (hopefully for the better), but the functionality is still relevant.

Let me know if you still have questions.

Karl

kweckwor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: BOOKMARKS - E-pub Reader on new Kindle 7" Fire running 'Bellini' OS
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 08:39:32 pm »
Hi again Howard123,

Ahhh, I've just noticed from the build number that you're using the Basic version of the app. Annotations, including bookmarks, notes and highlights, are a feature of the Full version of the app and are unavailable on Basic. So that would explain why you are unable to find the function.

Karl