Author Topic: VERSION 4.5.2 (2023-02-05) - problems  (Read 2539 times)

kweckwor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: VERSION 4.5.2 (2023-02-05) - problems
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2023, 03:54:04 pm »
Thanks for letting me know!

I've got a Fire (with FireOS 5.7.0.0) on order from eBay that should be coming soon. With that I hope to be able to figure out what happened with the previous version and hopefully find a workaround for it.

I'm happy the update fixed the problem in any case.

kweckwor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2023, 07:32:45 am »
An update on this issue:

I've gotten my hands on a Fire (5th gen) with FireOS 5.7.0.0 and have been able to figure out what the issue is with version 4.5.2 of my app. Version 4.5.4 does in fact fix the issue (as confirmed above).

The issue should only happen if you have a Fire device on FireOS 5.x with a recent version of WebView (i.e. 100). If your Fire has FireOS 5.x with older WebView (i.e. version 59), or if your FireOS version is anything other than 5.x (either older or newer), then you should not have a problem with version 4.5.2. If you are experiencing the issue though, you will need version 4.5.4 of my app (or any version other than 4.5.2 - the issue is specific to that one).

Unfortunately, Amazon is still dragging its feet clearing up my Amazon App Store submission status for both Full and Basic versions of my app, so as of this morning, I am still unable to post the fix to that app store. I will let you know when I finally release 4.5.4 with the fix.

If you have access to other app stores like Google Play, or if you are OK with side-loading, I've posted details about those options above.

Sorry for how long this is dragging out, but I'm not sure what else I can do other than communicate with Amazon through public forums to try and get some focus on the issue - which I have been doing but with as of yet limited success.

kweckwor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2023, 05:52:45 pm »
Version 4.5.4 is now live on the Amazon App Store.

For anyone who has been out of commission over the last couple of weeks, I apologize. You should be able to update to get the fix now.

Karl