News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Calibre Documents Provider / Information about Calibre Docu...
Last post by kweckwor - June 09, 2018, 11:40:07 PM

You can find comprehensive online documentation for this product at Calibre Documents Provider.

You can also watch the YouTube tutorials at

You can access all of the above from the Calibre Documents Provider About Box directly from the application on your device. Here's a screen capture of the About Box - just tap on the link for your area of interest:

For support/queries/comments, please feel free to start new topics, or contact support@kpwsite.com.
eLibrary Manager / Re: eLibrary Manager v3.1.4 - ...
Last post by kweckwor - February 12, 2018, 01:49:08 AM
Hi Truss,

What kind of activity are you finding the stuttering/freezing occurring with? Is that when using the reader or when using the library manager? Maybe you can describe what you are doing and how things are behaving. If you can also let me know some more environment details like Android version and version of the app, that might help as well. Is this something that's degraded recently, or have you been having these issues from the start?

Hopefully we can figure something out.

Karl
Last post by Truss - February 11, 2018, 03:08:04 PM
Hi Karl, you say performance should be much better but mine tanked. I've been recently experiencing stuttering and even freezing of the screen. What might be the issue?
Last post by Truss - February 11, 2018, 03:07:47 PM
Hi Karl, you say performance should be much better but mine tanked. I've been recently experiencing stuttering and even freezing of the screen. What might be the issue?
eLibrary Manager / Re: Screen and Font Colors
Last post by EthanPat - September 11, 2017, 06:12:08 PM
That's a cool update Karl. Thanks.
eLibrary Manager / eLibrary Manager v3.1.4 - A co...
Last post by kweckwor - May 13, 2017, 01:06:33 AM
I will be releasing version 3.1.4 of eLibrary Manager within the next couple of days. If you use the software on Android 7.x, you should be aware of the following:

Performance on Android 7.0+
Current performance on Android 7.0+ is less than optimal, especially if book files are large (e.g. graphic novels, for example). As of eLibrary Manager v3.0, the application is using the Android Storage Access Framework (SAF) for file access. Using this framework, accessing book files is slower, most noticeable for large files (the larger the file, the slower the performance). To address this, I need to add the requirement for WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permissions back (I had removed that with the move to SAF) in order to efficiently access book file. So on updating to 3.1.4, you will be prompted to give the app those permissions on first launch. Hopefully the Android platform will improve over time to fill in the functional gaps with SAF - then I will remove the permission requirement. With version 3.1.4, performance on Android 7.0+ is much better.

Launching External Apps
Since Android 7.0 (and SDK level 24), Android no longer allows file URIs (e.g. file:///folder/book.epub) to be used when invoking external applications. With version 3.1.4 I am targeting the latest SDK level (currently 25). That means the app now launches external apps (e.g. readers, image viewers) differently. Most likely your favourite reader and image apps have already been updated to handle this change in the Android platform and you won't notice any change in behaviour.

However, if you discover that those apps are no longer being launched, that probably means that they still expect file URIs to identify book files. In that case, download and install the new eLibrary File URI Launcher add-on app. Installing that app will allow eLibrary Manager to behave as before. See http://kpwsite.com/home/content/eLibrary/guide_launch_external.html for more information and for download links.

Karl
Last post by kweckwor - June 23, 2016, 01:00:03 AM
A quick update on this topic...

I've just released version 2.2.3 that includes the ability to customize Night Mode colour scheme. You can read more about it at
Karl
Last post by kweckwor - March 28, 2016, 12:41:41 AM
There is a Night Mode option for the reader. You can see information about that in the online documentation at
and
The night mode presents book content with light text on a dark background. The above web site has screen captures demonstrating what it looks like. As described in the docs, you can toggle between day and night mode using the Reader Display Options dialog or through the ePub Reader Display Settings.

For the full version, that is available on Google Play and Amazon App Store. If you have access to Amazon Underground, the Underground version of the app is functionally equivalent to the full version, but it is not available in all geographies. Underground apps are free to download. You can find information about additional features in Full/Underground that you do not get in Basic in the online documentation as well, at
Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

Karl
eLibrary Manager / Screen and Font Colors
Last post by Grizbokkit - March 27, 2016, 10:10:17 PM
I have a small visual (optical) handicap and find it uncomfortable to read from devices that have a light background and dark text.

I am able to change to a black background with white text on my Kindle Fire HD8's Kindle app, as well as Kindle for PC on my desktops and laptops.

Try as I might, I have been unable to find settings for those properties in your KPW  eLibrary Manager app. Have I missed them somewhere, or are they just not there? If they're NOT there, are they planned for the future?

Is there a PAID upgrade to your app? If so, what are the dirrerences between it and the free app?

BTW, I'm using Build 20160320.02.B [2.1.1/74/28] on my Kindle HD8.
eLibrary Manager / Re: external application suppo...
Last post by kweckwor - February 04, 2016, 12:39:06 PM
I haven't heard anything back from the original poster on this, but I will report on what my investigation has uncovered:

• With mimetypes cbr=application/x-cbr and cbz=application/x-cbz, I've been able to launch a variety of comic readers that I randomly downloaded and tried.
  • It may still be the case that the default Nook comic reader (or any individual specific comic reader) does not respond to external requests to launch through intents. If that is the case then this app cannot integrate with those readers.
  • I am adding the above mimetypes for comics into the default configuration, so it won't be necessary once that is released to define your own. That will be included int the next update.
Karl